"After a morning working with our daughter you seemed to understand her better than the teachers who have known her for years. I can't tell you how relieved we are to finally understand the way she thinks and learns."
Amanda C - Parent
Amanda C - Parent
To understand your child as a thinker...
- A psychological assessment is a deep exploration of your child's thinking skills.
- The results give a clear indication of how your child thinks.
- It will show you and your child's teachers how to help them learn and perform better.
To understand your child as a learner...
- An academic assessment is a highly personalised test of your child's ability when it comes to curriculum learning.
- This helps to see how your child is currently performing and measures that against where they should or could be.
- The combination of an academic and psychological assessment helps to decide upon the best possible interventions.
To gain a sense of your child's inner world...
- Desmond will observe closely and sensitively gather information about their personality, thoughts and feelings.
- A range of carefully designed tests can be administered to provide clinical data about your child's feelings, self-belief, interaction and motivation.
- This can help to understand the very best way in which to support your child in the months and years to come.
- These tests can also support the identification and eventual diagnosis of ADHD or an Autistic Spectrum Condition.
If you think your child might be dyslexic...
- The assessment will be specifically tailored to gather the information needed for the formal identification of dyslexia.
- The Comprehensive Test of Phonological Processing and the Dyslexia Screening Test may be administered.
- These identify factors that will help to 'diagnose' your child's dyslexia.
- A 'diagnosis' of dyslexia can be used to support an application for access arrangements in formal examinations.
How much does the assessment cost?
- Fees are discussed in person and a single payment includes any/all testing that needs to take place, even if further tests are needed.
- The fee (payable at time of booking) includes a follow up meeting with parents, a feedback session with the student and a planning meeting with the school.
- All follow up meetings happen via Zoom, but in-person meetings and additional meetings can be negotiated where appropriate/necessary.
- Additional fees apply for in-person and further follow-up meetings.